I started walking this path when I was 13. I had to hide it much of the time. I love my family, but they weren't exactly the most understanding at the time. The influences on my practice are a mix of Celtic and Native American. It sounds like an odd mix, I know but, it works for me. For the longest time I had to practice in secret. My ex-husband wouldn't allow me to have an altar and I had to hide my tools and cards. Finally, I am able to be open with my practice. My Hubby is very understanding and my altar is in our bedroom. A FULL ALTAR FINALLY! It takes so much stress off to be able to be open in practice. I am learning more and more as I go, and have wonderful friends who have helped me along the way. I recently gained a whole group of friends through my sister's (soon to be?) mother-in-law. It has been one of the best experiences and it's like I gained a whole new part to my family. They have given me advice and have shown me sources to rebuild my Book of Shadows, which was zapped during a bad storm. I can't wait to continue my journey and pass the love and peace I have felt onto my daughter. Blessed Be.
44 DAYS OF WITCHERY
I came across this on another blog and thought I would give this a try as well. Below are the topics for the blogs. So here is the outline for this. I will start working on this starting Friday, September 16. As I post I will add the link for each one, and add the link back to this page at the bottom of each post.
44 DAYS OF WITCHERY - borrowed from Cordelia's Cauldron
- What’s your witchy background?
- A myth or story from folklore.
- Witchy tools: athame.
- Picture of nature (water element).
- A favourite Goddess.
- A favourite God.
- Air element.
- A photo of a magical place outdoors.
- A favourite mythological animal.
- Your sun sign.
- Witchy tools: oils
- Picture of nature (air element).
- What are some of the witchy books that influenced you?
- A favourite pagan holiday that you celebrate.
- Thoughts on the afterlife?
- Favourite witchy website(s).
- Picture of nature (fire element).
- Have you had any paranormal experiences?
- Fire element.
- A picture of a tarot or oracle card, and its meaning.
- A favourite scent.
- Current moon phase.
- A favourite candle.
- Your moon sign.
- How do your close ones feel about your witchy path? Do they know? Why or why not?
- A witchy podcast.
- Picture of nature (earth element).
- A picture of a witchy I-Want-It-Now!
- Water element.
- Witchy tools: wand.
- A favourite pagan/witchy movie.
- A pagan/witchy artwork.
- Faerie of your choice.
- Rune of your choice.
- Something that I think people who don’t know much about paganism/witchcraft should know.
- Flower of your choice, and its magical properties.
- A famous pagan/witch!
- Witchy tools: cauldron.
- Something that inspires you.
- Your altar, if you have one!
- A spell you’ve done.
- A favourite nature spirit.
- A magical recipe.
- Witch’s choice!
Abigail's Crafty Mom: punk skull nail art tutorail: Im gonna try a new format with my nail art tutorails. I think this weill be easy on you and me. I am going to be putting them in collage for...